Notifications is a tool that allows you to enable an email alert when there are new items in your course! You can set up a notification to alert you about new content items, news/announcements, and even posted grades!
Each user is responsible for setting up email notifications for their courses - it is not something Instructors will be able to do for them.
Note: Students will still be able to receive emails sent from instructors despite their custom notification settings.
- To edit notifications, click your username's context menu in the top right hand corner of the navigation minibar. There, you can customize several settings:
- Email Address: make sure your email address is correct here, and change as needed.
- Summary of Activity
- This option will email you a summary of all activity, as opposed to an instant email for each notification item.
- Select how often you receive an email notification - Never (turns this option off), Daily (set an appropriate time).
- Instant Notifications
- Review and select any area you would like to receive Email notifications
- Customize Notifications
- Review the options and select any that you would like.
- Exclude some courses
- You may choose the courses for which you don’t want to receive notifications.
- Click Save.