Groups enable students to work on and submit collaborative group projects, or break into smaller discussions. You may organize students into groups of a particular size automatically, manually, or allow students to choose their group for a given activity.
Create groups in your course
- Inside your course shell, select Course Admin from the minibar.
- Under Learner Management, click Groups.
- Select New Category.
- Fill in the Category Name of the groups and a Description, if desired.
- Select the Enrollment Type:
# of Groups - No Auto Enrollment
This allows instructors to manually assign students to groups. See below for more information.
# of Groups, Groups of #
Groups will be created by either group size or number of groups. Students will be randomly assigned to each group.
# of Groups, Groups of #, # Groups of # - Self Enrollment
Blank groups will be created for students to sign-up for. They will be able to see the other members of their group.
- Enter the number of groups to be created (or, if you selected Groups of #, enter the size of each group).
- Select any additional workspace options
- Hit Save.
Assign users to groups (for manual enrolment)
- After hitting Save, select the group you would like to assign students to. In the example on the left, two groups have been created.
- Select Enroll Users.
- Check off which students you would like to enroll in each group.
- Hit Save when complete.