Health and Hygiene
Students, faculty and staff should continue to follow best practices in health and personal hygiene to help stop the spread of COVID-19. The current public health guidelines for COVID-19 precautions continue to advise that the best method for stopping the spread of illness and infection is through the following:
- Stay home if you are unwell.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol.
- Wash your hands before entering and immediately after leaving your work area.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed or gloved hands.
- Follow proper respiratory etiquette:
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then immediately throw the tissue in the garbage and wash your hands.
- If you don’t have a tissue, sneeze or cough into your sleeve or bend or your arm.
- Practice physical distancing and ensure you maintain a minimum distance of two metres (six feet) from any others in your area, including during breaks.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces in your workspace.
- Limit the use of communal eating and drinking areas as well as shared equipment such as coffee makers. Consider bringing boxed meals and one-time-use utensils.
The health and safety of our community members is paramount and our continued diligence in following best practices, self-monitoring and self-care will help reduce virus transmission and improve our community’s resilience.