You are now in the main content area
Graduation and Convocation
- The university is continuing to follow the advice and guidance of public health agencies and government directives on social distancing to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- In light of the government and public health protocols regarding large indoor and outdoor gatherings, Ryerson University made the decision to postpone all fall 2020 convocation ceremonies until 2021, or until it is permitted to safely hold large public gatherings again.
- Yes. If you have applied to graduate, and have completed your program requirements successfully, you will still graduate and be awarded your degree/certificate.
- The Office of the Registrar will have more information if you are unsure of your graduation status.
- If you applied to graduate for fall 2020, you’ll receive a confirmation of your eligibility to graduate status by Thursday, September 24 via your Ryerson email address.
- Yes. Students who are approved to graduate will receive a letter confirming when they will receive their e-parchment and when they can expect to receive their paper parchment in the mail.
- The university is continuing to explore options to recognize and celebrate our fall graduates virtually. More information will be shared shortly.
- We will be reaching out to our spring graduates to ensure their thoughts are heard to help the university plan for future ceremonies.
- Spring 2020 graduates will be given the opportunity to cross the convocation stage. Please know that we look forward to celebrating this milestone with all 2020 graduates and with our community when it is safe to do so.
- Fall and spring 2020 graduates will be given the opportunity to cross the convocation stage. Once plans for 2021 convocation ceremonies are finalized in the coming months, the university will reach out to invite all of our 2020 graduates to participate in the upcoming ceremonies.
- In the near future, we will be reaching out to our 2020 grads to gather their input in the future planning of convocation ceremonies.
- Ryerson is not processing courier requests at this time. Pending the reopening of campus, the deadline to request your document to be couriered will be extended to June 30, 2021.
- Pending the reopening of campus, the deadline to pick up your award document has been extended to June 30, 2021 for students who graduated in spring or fall 2019.