Graduation and Convocation
- Our priority is making sure that all students are able to complete their term while being mindful of the health and wellbeing of our entire community.
- The Office of the Provost has instructed all faculty to be as flexible and supportive as possible to ensure successful term completion.
- Special attention is being paid to the completion of course requirements for all fourth year students, to ensure everyone who intends to graduate this spring can do so.
- If you applied to graduate for spring 2020, you’ll receive a confirmation of your eligibility to graduate status by Friday, June 12 via your Ryerson email address.
- In order to support social distancing measures and help prevent further spread of COVID-19, Ryerson University has made the difficult decision to postpone all spring 2020 convocation ceremonies.
- We are taking this and other precautionary steps to ensure the continued health and safety of all members of our community.
We’re working hard to provide you with three ways of receiving and sharing your newly earned credential:
New! By late June, you’ll receive instructions on how to access your electronic (e-Award) degree or certificate via your Ryerson email address. You do not need to ask for this and there is no cost to you. The e-Award will look exactly like a printed degree or certificate and you will be able to share it with whomever you want, whenever you want, and from wherever you may be.
Printed Award Document*
No need to ask, we’ll be printing your award on official Ryerson University parchment paper and couriering it to you. We ask for your patience, however, as it will take time for us to manage the production of thousands of award documents while ensuring the safety and wellness of our staff. We hope to have all award documents couriered by the end of July. You must ensure your mailing address is updated in RAMSS by June 30. Don’t forget to include any apartment, unit or suite number in your address. Documents returned as undeliverable will be held at Ryerson for a period of one year and then destroyed. Please note that we cannot courier your award document to a post office (P.O.) box. Make sure your preferred phone number in RAMSS is one where the courier company can reach you, if necessary.
New! By late June, you will be able to use the transcript order link in RAMSS to order a secure electronic transcript. You’ll be able to track when your transcript has been sent, when it arrives at its destination, and when it has been opened. With Ryerson’s new e-Transcript, you’ll also save on courier and postage costs. Your e-Transcript is secure and verifiable so employers, graduate schools and all the others you might share it with will know it’s valid. The Board of Governors approved e-transcript fee of $18 will apply. More information about e-Transcripts will be available on the Registrar’s website by June 15, 2020.
*I have a Fee Hold on my account, what does this mean?
Your degree or certificate will still be conferred but you will not be able to order an official transcript or receive your paper award document by courier until you have cleared the outstanding balance on your account.
- Yes! We will courier your award document to you wherever courier deliveries are accepted, worldwide! You must ensure that your RAMSS mailing address is updated and includes any suite, apartment or unit number by June 30, 2020. Make sure your preferred telephone number is one where the courier company can reach you, if necessary. Please note that we cannot courier your award document to a post office (P.O.) box.
- We're working to find ways for spring 2020 graduates to have an opportunity to cross the stage when gatherings are permitted and deemed safe.
- While we cannot hold our traditional spring events, Ryerson is actively exploring options for a virtual or alternative celebration in June. More information will be shared shortly.
- Course content and program requirements will not be negatively affected by this alternate program delivery for the last few weeks of the semester.
- Our priority is making sure that all students are able to complete their term.
- Ryerson is not processing courier requests at this time. Pending the reopening of campus, the deadline to request your document to be couriered will be extended to December 18, 2020.
- Pending the reopening of campus, the deadline to pick up your award document has been extended to December 18, 2020 for students who graduated in spring or fall 2019.