You are now in the main content area
Graduation & Convocation
- The university is continuing to follow the advice and guidance of public health agencies and government directives on social distancing to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- In light of the government and public health protocols regarding large indoor and outdoor gatherings, the university will postpone all spring 2021 convocation ceremonies until it is permitted to safely hold large public gatherings again.
- Yes. If you have applied to graduate, and have completed your program requirements successfully, you will still graduate and be awarded your degree/certificate.
- Please check your Graduation Status on RAMSS, and consult with your program department if you are unsure of your graduation status.
- If you have a current application to graduate, you’ll receive a confirmation of your eligibility to graduate status by Thursday, May 27, 2021 via your Ryerson email address.
- Yes. Students who are approved to graduate will receive a letter confirming when they will receive their e-parchment and when they can expect to receive their paper parchment in the mail.
- While we cannot hold our traditional spring events, Ryerson will hold a virtual celebration to honour our graduates. More information will be shared shortly.
- All 2020 and spring 2021 graduates will be given the opportunity to cross the convocation stage. Please know that we look forward to celebrating this milestone in-person, with our graduates who have had their ceremonies postponed and with our community, when it is safe to do so.
- All 2020 and spring 2021 graduates will be given the opportunity to cross the convocation stage.
- Please be assured that once it is safe to hold large in-person gatherings again, the university will reach out to invite all 2020 and spring 2021 graduates to participate in future convocation ceremonies.
- We will be reaching out to our 2020 grads and our spring 2021 grads to gather their input in the future planning of convocation ceremonies.
- Ryerson is not processing courier requests at this time. Pending the reopening of campus, the deadline to request your document to be couriered will be extended to December 16, 2022.
- Pending the reopening of campus, the deadline to pick up your award document has been extended to December 16, 2022 for students who graduated in spring or fall 2019.