Changes to VULNERABLE SECTOR SCREENING (VSS) - POLICE CHECK
- MUST BE VALID for the duration of your placement EACH semester AND reflect a DATE of ISSUE as completed within the last SIX MONTHS
- DO NOT submit your VSS application earlier than JUNE 03, 2019
NOTE on Practice Requirement Record (PRR) Forms:
Ontario legislation specifies certain surveillance requirements for those entering into healthcare practice settings. The Collaborative Program protocol was developed in accordance with the communicable disease surveillance protocols, specified under the Public Hospitals Act, to meet the requirements of our students’ placement settings. This process is necessary to ensure that our students protect their health and safety, and the health and safety of patients / clients / residents, visitors, employees and other students.
- Completion of PRR form information is compulsory - NOT optional.
- All sections of the CPO – PRR form must be completed as outlined.
- Organizations / Agencies as our placement partners do have the right to refuse any student entry to placement for practice when the student who has NOT met all of their pre-placement requirements.Your Practice Requirement Record (PRR) demonstrates that you meet specific health and safety needs of placement partners.
- All portions of this document must be completed and signed by your Health care provider in the appropriate sections.
- PRR Forms will not be accepted without a valid Ryerson, George Brown, or Centennial student ID.
The last PRR Form will be processed at 3:45 p.m. everyday.
HINT: Avoid lineups. Don't wait until the last day to submit your forms. You do not need to submit all your PRR documents at once.
Visit our FAQ page for more info on PRR submission.