The Clean Energy Zone is open to anyone with a unique energy-focused innovation or idea. Tell us about yourself and your startup below. Please note this form is to express your interest in the Clean Energy Zone. It is not a formal application. We will be in touch!
As part of the Centre for Urban Energy and Ryerson University, the Clean Energy Zone offers a number of benefits for energy startups:
- Office and meeting space in a prime downtown Toronto location.
- Workshops, seminars and Startup School sessions covering topics such as IP, accounting, bootstrapping, sales and more.
- Face time with key industry players.
- Access to a diverse talent pool of Ryerson students.
- Collaboration with entrepreneurs across Ryerson's zone network, including its flagship DMZ.
- Collaboration with CUE's cutting-edge research teams.
- Insight on domestic and foreign energy markets.
No. The Clean Energy Zone is based at Ryerson but all startups are welcome.
No, but Clean Energy Zone startups have the opportunity to apply for funding from a variety of competitive grants, such as the David McFadden Energy Entrepreneur Challenge, the Norman Esch Engineering Innovation and Entrepreneurship Awards and the OCE SmartStart Seed Fund, external link, and through Ryerson Futures, external link.