The following is a list of academic and professional research centres, institutes and professional organizations. Click on the name of any research centre or organization to access their website.
- The City Institute, York University
- Institute of Urban Studies, University of Winnipeg
- Institute on Municipal Finance & Governance (IMFG) – The Munk School of Global Affairs, University of Toronto
- Sauder School of Business: Canadian Cities Housing & Real Estate Data, University of British Columbia
- The School of Public Policy, University of Calgary
- Planning in theory & practice, Dalhousie University
- Center for Urban and Regional Affairs, University of Minnesota
- Center for Urban Economic Development, University of Illinois at Chicago
- Center for Urban Initiatives and Research, University of Wisconsin
- Great Cities Institute, University of Illinois
- Institute for Environmental Science and Policy, University of Illinois at Chicago
- National Center for Smart Growth Research & Education, University of Maryland
- Metropolitan Research Center, University of Utah
- The Milwaukee Idea, Brownfields Research Consortium, University of Wisconsin
- Center for Urban & Regional Studies, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Other Research Centres & Think Tanks
- Brookings Metropolitan Policy Program
- Canadian Urban Institute (CUI)
- Centre for the Study of Commercial Activity (CSCA)
- CD Howe Institute
- Conference Board of Canada report: "What We Heard: Shaping Canada's National Housing Strategy", November 2016.
- Fraser Institute
- The Furman Centre for Real Estate & Urban Policy
- Macdonald-Laurier Institute
- Montreal Economic Institute
- The Mowat Centre
- Neptis Foundation
- New Zealand Productivity Commission
- Pembina Institute
- Toronto Region Board of Trade
- Terwilliger Centre for Housing
David Amborski's Presentations and Panel Discussions:
- Presentation at the World Planning Schools Congress, Rio de Janiero, July 2016.
- Presentation for Lincoln Institute of Land Policy Panel at UN Habitat IV, Quito, Ecuador.
- “Economic Analysis for Understanding Growth Plans and Housing Prices/Affordability,” Urban Land Institute (ULI) Electric Cities Debate, September 15, 2016.
- “What Can Planning Schools Do to Help Implement the New Urban Agenda?” Panel member/discussion organized by the Global Planning Educators Association Network, Quito, Ecuador.
- “Leveraging Assets for Affordable Housing,” Pecha Kucha Presentation for National Housing Day at CUR event.
- “Review of the Greater Toronto Growth Plan: What Needs to be Revised?” Presentation at the European Regional Science Association Conference, Vienna, Austria, August 2016.
- “Tensions Regarding Developer Obligations in the Province of Ontario”, Presentation at the Property Law and Property Right Conference, Hong Kong, February, 2017.
- “Final Considerations on Providing and Encouraging Affordable Housing” presented at The Regional Municipality of Durham Affordable and Seniors' Housing Task Force – Thought Leaders and Partners Roundtable, June 2017.
Frank Clayton's Presentations and Panel Discussions:
- "How an Appreciation of Economics Will Make You a Better Land Use Planner," presentation at 2017 Ontario Professional Planners Institute Conference, October 5, 2017.