Effective Wednesday, March 18, 2020, Ryerson University has shifted to an essential services model on our campus. To view information about this and other important school-wide updates, please visit the Ryerson COVID-19 page. If you are a current student and would like to reach us at the ServiceHub, please visit our ServiceHub Contact page.
Scholarships and Awards
Undergraduate, Graduate and Continuing Education Students
The 2021/2022 award cycle is set to open on August 16, 2021 on AwardSpring, external link, opens in new window. Please log in on August 16 to complete your general application so that you can match to open awards, scholarships and bursaries available to you throughout the academic year.
The Student Awards and Scholarships office aims to help Ryerson students and staff with the Scholarship and Awards application process.
We play a central role in the establishment, set-up, promotion, and application process for all current student awards and liaise with program departments regarding their awards applications, assessment, selection processes and for planning and executing a variety of awards events.
During the 2020/2021 school year, $20 million in continuing education, undergraduate and select university-wide graduate awards were administered to over 25,000 students!
Featured External Scholarship Opportunities
Scholarship for Students in Visible Minority Groups
For full- and part-time undergraduate, continuing education or graduate students, who are part of a visible minority group with a minimum 70% average. Must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
Amount: Multiple awards of $4,000 each (renewable up to four years). Each recipient is considered for a paid, part-time work placement with the Bank of Canada.
Deadline to Apply: August 8, 2021
Allied Van Lines Scholarship 2021
For full-time students pursuing a degree in logistics or a similar discipline. Must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
Amount: Four awards at $1,000 each
Deadline to Apply: December 15, 2021
Gunn’s Hill Windfarm Educational Bursary for Indigenous Students Including Members of Six Nations of the Grand River
For Indigenous students living in Ontario who are registered in a post-secondary program related to renewable energy or related field.
Amount: $1,000-$4,000, depending on your financial need
Deadline to Apply: July 31, 2021
The Student Awards and Scholarships office is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free application process to students with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
If you require an accommodation during this process, please inform the Student Awards and Scholarships office via firstname.lastname@example.org.
For new donors who wish to establish a new student award fund, please contact Tonya Wray, Associate Director of Development, Leadership Giving & Student Awards, University Advancement at email@example.com.
- Ryerson University collects and uses your personal information to support decisions relating to scholarship, award, bursary eligibility and eligibility for government or other Ryerson University financial assistance programs. We may need to disclose your personal information to limited third parties in order to assist you with financial assistance. For example, we may need to disclose your personal information to government funding agencies to process financial assistance applications, financial institutions to confirm student enrolment and to independent student loan administration companies to process student loan documents. In addition, we may also share some information about award recipients with donors of our awards or may use limited information about you to promote good news in departmental brochures, newsletters or other forms of media. Other than as set out herein, we will not disclose your personal information unless we obtain your prior written consent or unless required by law.
- If you have questions about the collection, use and disclosure of student information by Ryerson, please contact:
- Secretary to the University Registrar, Office of the Registrar, Ryerson University, 350 Victoria Street, Toronto, Ontario, M5B 2K3 or by phone at 416-979-5100
The availability and monetary value of all awards, bursaries and scholarships are subject to change. The Student Awards and Scholarships Office reserves the right to change the listed award, scholarship or bursary information and/or value without notice. Ryerson's awards, scholarships and bursaries are not transferable to other postsecondary institutions.
Awards Subject to Cancellation: Students that withdraw, reduce their course load, alter their program of study, experience a decline in grades or no longer meet other scholarship eligibility/requirements may have to forfeit all or part of their award. The decision will be made by the Student Awards and Scholarships Office and will be based on the terms of the award, circumstances leading to the student becoming ineligible and educational costs incurred already. A cancelled award will be a charge against the student's University customer/fee account.
- Fall 2021 Scholarship Terms and Conditions
- Fall 2020 Scholarship Terms and Conditions
- PDF fileFall 2019 Scholarship Terms and Conditions
- PDF fileFall 2018 Scholarship Terms and Conditions
For the latest Scholarship Terms and Conditions, please see the Entrance Scholarships page.