How to Pay Your Fees
Your student account balance on RAMSS confirms your tuition and residence fees owing.
Payments towards your undergraduate and graduate tuition and residence fees balance must be made through your financial institution. Ryerson University does not accept payments for undergraduate and graduate residence and tuition fees in person, through credit card or wire transfer.
Payments can be made online or in person through your Canadian bank or credit union.
Access your financial institution’s online bill payment option, or advise your bank representative that you would like to pay a bill.
Add Ryerson University as a payee, and use your nine-digit Ryerson Student Number as your account number. You can confirm your Ryerson Student Number on your RAMSS account.
- Ryerson University
- Ryerson University – Tuition and Res Fees
Submit your payment.
Confirm payment was received on your RAMSS account. Allow three to five business days for your payment to be applied.
International students who do not have a Canadian bank account are required to pay student fees through Western Union Business Solutions GlobalPay for Students. This option allows you to pay the Canadian dollar student fees through your local bank or credit card in the currency of your choice.
Note: Wire transfer payments are not accepted for tuition and residence fees.
How to Pay Student Fees Using WU® GlobalPay for Students
- Enter the country from which you are making the payment and your level of study at Ryerson. Enter the amount in Canadian Dollars to pay
- Select "Get a Quote"
2. Choose a way to pay
- You will be presented with your payment and currency options. If your local currency does not appear as an option, you will be given alternative currency option(s)
- Select your preferred way to pay
- Credit card payments accepted for international students via Western Union GlobalPay for Students online, external link, opens in new window. When making a payment to Ryerson, simply select the most convenient payment method. Payment methods will depend on the country of residence. Please refer to the Western Union site, external link, opens in new window to generate a quote for payment options based on your preferred currency
3. Enter your details and payment information
- Enter your nine-digit Ryerson Student Number and personal information
- At the end of the online process you will receive a confirmation of your payment request and fees, and payment instructions (if making your payment through your local bank)
4. If making your payment through your local bank:
- Print payment instructions, and initiate your payment through your local bank or financial institution as soon as possible. You can take the payment instructions to your bank in person, call your bank, or complete your transfer using online banking, depending on your institution's capabilities
- The local bank will transfer the funds to Western Union Business Solutions. Your bank may charge a fee to transfer funds
- Western Union Business Solutions will then send the funds to Ryerson
5. Track and confirm payment
- Track payment online at WU GlobalPay for Students, external link, opens in new window
- To confirm payment was received, log in to my.ryerson.ca, opens in new window, select the RAMSS tab, and view your Account Summary
Support and Questions
If you or your bank branch have inquiries, contact Western Union Business Solutions directly for support:
Additional payment information is available in the following videos:
- WU® GlobalPay video tutorial for all international students, external link, opens in new window
- WU® GlobalPay video tutorial for Chinese students, external link, opens in new window
- WU® GlobalPay video tutorial for Indian students, external link, opens in new window
- Frequently asked questions for WU GlobalPay for Students, external link, opens in new window
While the primary payment method is to pay through your bank as outlined above, funds may also be credited toward your account balance on RAMSS through the following alternative methods.
Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP)
OSAP payments are automatically dispersed to your Ryerson account. If your OSAP funding exceeds your fees owing, the remaining funds are deposited electronically to your bank account. You are responsible for confirming that the payment is received and paying any remaining balance ahead of payment deadlines. See Student Financial Assistance and your OSAP portal, external link, opens in new window for details.
If you are an out-of-province resident, government loans offered through your home jurisdiction may be available to help cover your education costs. Visit Student Financial Assistance for more information on programs and to confirm how funds are dispersed.
If you have received a Guaranteed and Renewable Entrance Scholarship or a Prestigious Entrance Award, your eligible funds will be applied towards your student account balance by early September for the fall term and by early January for the winter term. The full details on eligibility and the terms and conditions can be found on the Scholarship and Awards website.
Other Awards and Bursaries
There are a variety of other awards and bursaries for graduate and undergraduate students that may be applied toward your student account balance or be issued to you by way of a refund cheque. Check the terms and conditions of your award to confirm the payment details.
Sponsored students receive financial support from third party organizations, such as Indigenous band funded organizations, foreign governments, and leagues. Tuition and residence fee payments for students with formal sponsorship agreements are accepted directly from the third party organization. To inquire about initiating a sponsorship agreement, please complete the google formServiceHub Help Form, external link, opens in new window.
Ryerson University does not accept credit cards for the payment of undergraduate and graduate tuition and residence fees. Any company or organization that facilitates payment by credit card is not associated with Ryerson. If you choose to use such a service, be aware that you’re responsible for paying third party service fees and you may be required to provide personal information to the company, such as your Ryerson student number.
Ryerson students can fund their school fees by converting either Aeroplan® Miles or TD Points through the TD Travel Rewards Program by visiting HigherEdPoints.com.
Anyone can donate their points to an individual student, or directly to Ryerson for students in need.
For more information and to set up an account, please visit the HigherEdPoints website, external link, opens in new window.
Note: Payments of optional service fees, such as letter requests, transfer credit late fees and field trips, cannot be paid through the above methods, as these charges are not reflected on your student account. Instructions for paying these fees can be found on the applicable website or from the department delivering these services.