To request a letter of permission you must be:
- enrolled in a program of study at Ryerson University; and
- in good academic (clear) standing in the session prior to enrolment at the host institution.
You are not eligible if you:
- are in your first term of undergraduate studies at Ryerson (because you do not have an academic standing yet)
- have a Hold on your student record with an enrolment impact preventing you from adding or dropping courses at Ryerson. Your Letter of Permission Application will not be processed if there is a Hold on your account.
- are applying to take courses that are not applicable to your Ryerson program curriculum requirements.
- have already been awarded transfer credit for 50% of your Ryerson program requirements e.g. Direct Entry students are generally not eligible for an LOP.
- have already received credit for the course(s) or for similar courses at Ryerson (transfer credit or you passed the course at Ryerson).