- Courses from accredited universities will be considered for transfer credit when successfully completed with a minimum grade of 60 percent or C-.
- Courses from accredited post-secondary colleges and institutions of technology will be considered for transfer credit when successfully completed with a minimum grade of 70 percent or B-. Some college courses will not be considered for transfer credit regardless of the grade achieved.
- Course levels must be comparable – e.g. incoming course must be Degree/ Diploma level for Degree level credit consideration.
- Performance indicators other than alpha or percentage grades are not acceptable for Transfer Credit. i.e. PSD (passed), CRT (credit), EXP (exempt), EXM (exam), etc.
- Since course content is subject to change over time and in order to meet current curriculum, accreditation and learning outcome requirements, some courses completed 10 or more years ago may not be recognized for transfer credit. E.g. Computer Science, Nursing, Media Studies, etc.
- You may use Transfer Credits to fulfil up to 50% of your program graduation requirements. If you plan on completing additional Ryerson programs you will be eligible to apply for further Transfer Credits.
Note: Students do not need to apply for transfer credit for equivalent courses taken through The Chang School of Continuing Education or in a previous Ryerson program. Students who completed similar courses through a previous Ryerson program may apply for course substitution.