Communities, Cybersecurity and Strategy
- November 13, 2019
- 8:30 AM - 2:00 PM
- Oakham House, Ryerson University (63 Gould Street Toronto, ON M5B 1E9)
Canadian cities are vibrant centers of modern life and modern economies and increasingly depend on information and communications technology (ICT). Along with the growing economic value of ICT for cities, threats to it grow apace. In this security environment, a strategy to protect a city’s digital infrastructure is critical for managing risks and boosting resilience.
The Rogers Cybsersecure Catalyst, investStratford and City of Stratford invite you to a one day forum to discuss cyber risks facing Ontario Municipalities and how you can respond effectively to this new threat. Some of the themes we will discuss are:
- What are the cybersecurity risks that Ontario municipal governments face?
- How can you defend your government against this risk?
- If an incident occurs, how should your government react?
Registration and Networking Breakfast
- Mayor Dan Mathieson - City of Stratford
What are the cybersecurity risks that municipalities in Ontario face?”
- Darren Jones, Director, Cybersecurity Services, KPMG
10:00 am - Q&A
“How to defend your municipality against a cyber attack?”
- Ira Goldstein, Senior Vice President, Herjavec Group
10:45 am - Q&A
Keynote: "Crisis Communications for Cyber Events"
Keynote Speech: “A Briefing on the Current Cybersecurity Risk Landscape in Canada”
- Canadian Centre for Cyber Security