Distance Field Placement: Part-time Program
Ryerson’s School of Early Childhood Studies offers part-time program students the flexibility to pursue their field education in a way that’s geographically convenient. This means that you can complete your third-year placement course and/or fourth-year placement course in a setting that is outside the boundaries of the PDF filedistance option map.
CCLD363 Distance Option
CCLD363 will be offered remotely in the fall 2020 semester. Both Distance placement students and Local placement students will complete the same tasks.
CCLD464 Distance Option
CCLD464 will be offered remotely in the fall 2020 semester. Both Distance placement students and Local placement students will complete the same tasks.
You will be evaluated by your field educator at the midterm and at the end of your placement. You will also self-evaluate your own performance at the midterm and at the end of your placement.
Students will complete three course documents, listed below, and follow this protocol:
- Complete them by hand (not digitally)
- Print them on white letter-sized paper
- The first two forms remain at the placement site for the duration of the placement
- The third form is submitted electronically to the Faculty Advisor after the first placement day
PDF fileContact Information This form will remain at your placement site for the duration of your placement.
PDF fileWSIB Student Declaration Submit electronically to your faculty advisor on your first day of placement.
Non-academic documentation is not required in the fall 2020 semester.
- Vulnerable Sector Screening (VSS) form: A new VSS is required for each placement course.
- TB Test form: A new TB test required for each placement course.
- Certificate in Standard First Aid and CPR Level C: Two to three years, depending on certifying agency.
- Ontario Ministry of Labour Worker Health and Safety Awareness Training in 4 Steps: Valid for duration of ECS program.
*Note: This semester will include a study week.