Emergency Short-term Child Care
Child care is available for parents who need a few hours off when regular child care arrangements fall through, when a parent has a legal or medical appointment, or when a parent is searching for employment or housing. Child care is also available as parent relief during times of stress or crisis.
The Gerrard Resource Centre has space available for 5 children each day. If possible, call ahead to reserve your space.
- Parents or a referring agency may book space for children.
- The GRC can only guarantee continuous care for up to 2 weeks.
- Bookings are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis. Parents who are in crisis will be given priority (at the discretion of GRC staff). Consequently, it may be necessary to reschedule or cancel your family's space
- The following is required when a child is dropped off. Care will be denied without the necessary documentation.
- Health card number
- Doctor's name and telephone number
- Emergency contact name and telephone number
- A change of clothes/diapers