The Department of Electrical, Computer, and Biomedical Engineering is at the forefront of technology’s most impactful advancements. Whether it’s delivering leading-edge health care, connecting communities or finding innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing issues, we’re revolutionizing technology across diverse industries, from medicine to energy to communications. We’re home to more than 1,100 undergraduate and 160 graduate students, as well as 45 full-time faculty members who have cultivated an established network of industry partners – throughout the city, the country and the globe.
As a student, you’ll find yourself at the heart of research and development’s most relevant topics, such as machine learning, augmented reality, big data and the Internet of Things (IoT). In one of our three programs, you’ll explore electronic design, power systems, signal processing, multimedia, digital communications, data science and analytics, energy and sustainability, biomaterials, biomechanics, and software design. Students who choose to take part in our electrical, computer or biomedical co-operative internship program will build strong relationships with industry leaders and apply their engineering skills to real-life projects that have a direct and immediate impact on society. Join us in leading the next generation of innovation today.
- Dr. Amir Yazdani announced as Director, Quality Assurance, FEAS [ Read More ]
- The Electrical, Computer, and Biomedical Engineering Department will be offering an in-person OPTION to attend in-person instruction for the following courses for Fall 2021. [ Read More ]
- The paper entitled “All-digital successive approximation TDC in time-mode signal processing” co-authored by Daniel Junehee Lee (1st-year PhD student), Fei Yuan, and Yushi Zhou won the Best Student Paper Award at 2021 IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems, the flagship conference of IEEE Circuits and Systems Society.
- AI MASTER OF ENGINEERING DEGREE The department offers a master’s degree (MEng) in Electrical and Computer Engineering with specialization in AI that provides students with the technical training and ethical awareness they need to be successful professionals in the AI field.
- Xiao-Ping Zhang has been elevated to IEEE Fellow for his contributions to signal processing in finance. This is one of the IEEE's highest honours and only .1% of members are selected annually.
- NSERC Synergy Award for Innovation Ebrahim Bagheri was awarded $200,000 in recognition of his pioneering technology development carried out in collaboration with Warranty Life. The research will explore the potential for advanced social media analytics to help combat online misinformation.