Biomedical Undergraduate Research Internship Program
Our Research Internships provide paid opportunities for students to develop new skills and knowledge that will spark their curiosity. The program offers a range of benefits, including:
- Acquiring crucial knowledge and research skills that can help advance your career within the rapidly evolving world of biomedical engineering.
- Contributing to innovative research undertaken by a faculty member.
- Access to research laboratories and working alongside graduate students.
- The opportunity to publish research findings in scientific journals and conference proceedings.
- Preparation for future graduate studies at Ryerson University or other leading institutions.
- Paid summer employment.
To be eligible for the Research Internship, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a full-time second or third-year student in biomedical engineering.
- Currently not holding major internal or external scholarships.
- Second-year* students must have a minimum CGPA (excluding liberal studies) of 3.67 (A-). Third-year† students must have a minimum CGPA (excluding liberal studies) of 3.33 (B+).
*second-year students are those who have at least one second-year technical course to complete by the end of winter term.
†third-year students are those who have at least one third-year technical course to complete by the end of winter term.
Students will receive a total of $3,000, excluding taxes, over three months with benefits included. Of that stipend, the Department of Electrical, Computer, and Biomedical Engineering provides $2,000 and the research supervisor provides $1,000. Research supervisors may choose to provide additional payments to students.
Research Internships take place from May 15 to August 15 in the chosen supervisor’s research laboratory at Ryerson University.