MLC presents: Pandemic Xenophobia
- April 22, 2021
- 4:00 PM EDT - 5:00 PM EDT
- Open To
- Everyone - register for Zoom link
- MLC firstname.lastname@example.org
This webinar is sparked by an urgent need to address the surge in anti-Asian xenophobia in North America and around the globe. Alongside pandemic fears and economic anxieties, the panel considers the enduring roots of anti-Asian prejudice, hate and violence.
- John Kuo Wei Tchen, external link, Chair, Public History & Humanities, Rutgers University and co-founder, Museum of Chinese in America, external link
- Jan Wong, external link, award-winning Journalist and Author, St. Thomas University
- Josephine Pui-Hing Wong, Research Chair in Urban Health, Daphne Cockwell School of Nursing, Ryerson University
The webinar is open to the general public and free of charge. To participate, RSVP by pressing the Register button above to gain access to the Zoom room details.
“Pandemic Xenophobia” is the sixteenth installation of the MLC Research Centre & Gallery’s webinar series that began on April 2, 2020 as an urgent cultural response to the crisis.