Immigrant Employees Community Network
Who we are
The Immigrant Employees Community Network includes Ryerson faculty and staff who self-identify as immigrants. Members bring a range of diverse perspectives and experiences of living and working as immigrants in Canada.
What we do
Our goal is to create a network for Ryerson employees who self-identify as an immigrant to gather and share relevant information, and support each other.
The group meets on a regular basis on a range of topics determined by member interest, including but not limited to:
- providing peer support and mentoring;
- identifying and sharing useful resources and tools;
- collaborating with and accessing other community network groups and experts on issues of common interest and concern.
This is an employee-driven group made of faculty and staff members who function as a steering body with various working groups which develop the mandate, goals, and events of the network.
Impact of COVID 19 on immigration policies and trends
On February 9, 2021, the Immigrant Employees Community Network hosted a panel discussion on the impact of COVID 19 on immigration policies and trends.
- Igor Rosic | Graduate Program Administrator, MA program in Immigration and Settlement Studies and MSc in program in Data Science and Analytics, Yeates School of Graduate Studies and Co-chair, Immigrant Employees Community Network
- Dr. Anna Triandafyllidou | Canada Excellence Research Chair in Migration and Integration, Ryerson University
- Dr. John Shields | Professor, Department of Politics and Public Administration
Watch this past event online
Stay informed about our activities and events
To get in touch with the Immigrant Employees Community Network, please contact the co-chairs:
Graduate Program Administrator, Yeates School of Graduate Studies
Phone: 416-979-5000, ext. 3448
Dr. Fatih Sekercioglu
Assistant Professor and Director, Planetary Health Research Lab, School of Occupational and Public Health, Faculty of Community Services
Phone: 416-979-5000, ext. 553354