Virtual Alan Shepard EDI Awards Ceremony
- April 29, 2021
- 5:00 PM EDT - 6:00 PM EDT
- Online via Zoom
- Open To
- Ryerson students, faculty, staff and the general public
- Cheryl Lewis email@example.com
Join us at the virtual Alan Shepard Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) Awards Ceremony to celebrate the outstanding achievements of individuals and teams who advance EDI through their work and/or volunteer contributions in the Ryerson community.
At the event, you’ll discover how the 2021 awards recipients are striving to eliminate barriers, and bring people together to make Ryerson a more equitable, diverse and inclusive environment for all.
- Welcome from Dr. Denise O’Neil Green (Vice-President, Equity and Community Inclusion)
- Ceremonial opening from Monica McKay (Director, Aboriginal Initiatives, Office of the Vice-President, Equity and Community Inclusion)
- Remarks from Dr. Mohamed Lachemi (President and Vice-Chancellor)
- Presentation of awards
- Vocal performance by Lisa Michelle
- Presentation of awards (continued)
- Closing remarks from Dr. Green
About the Alan Shepard EDI Awards
Ryerson University’s Alan Shepard EDI Awards not only represents Ryerson today, but speaks to a vision of the Ryerson of tomorrow. These awards recognize individuals and teams who are dismantling walls, eliminating barriers and bringing people together to transform the world and make it a better place for all in our Ryerson community.
Live captioning and ASL will be provided
Ryerson is committed to the accessibility and inclusion of persons with disabilities. If you require any additional accessibility accommodations to ensure your full participation, please let us know in the registration form or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions, please contact Cheryl Lewis (Executive Assistant, Office of the Vice-President, Equity and Community Inclusion) at email@example.com.