Improvements to the aesthetics of our campus is an exciting aspect of the Campus Core Revitalization 2019 project, but equally important are the substantial modernizations and developments planned for renewing infrastructure in the area. Priorities include accessibility, sustainability, safety and telecommunications.
This project provides the opportunity to optimize a number of structural and functional aspects of our campus, including:
- Making permanent the temporary pedestrian-only zone
- Increasing functionality and sustainability of infrastructure items like outdoor seating, waste receptacles and more energy-efficient and flexible light standards
- Modernizing telecommunications pathways to improve campus connectivity
- New duct banks will protect and consolidate communications cabling between buildings, with access points making it easy to replace cables when needed
- Replacing cracked curbs and chipped pavement
- New robust pavers will provide a more durable and stable base suitable for both pedestrians and larger vehicles, boosting our ability to host outdoor programming
- Improving drainage and irrigation for better plant health and sustainability
- Implementing new energy efficient pedestrian lighting for improved community safety and evening use
For comments or questions about this project, please contact Nic de Salaberry, director, planning and development, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 416-979-5000, ext. 553428 or 647-824-7165.
For technical project details, please contact Jule Mycan, project manager, by email at email@example.com or by phone at 416-979-5000, ext. 7832.
For media inquiries, please contact Johanna VanderMaas, manager, public affairs, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 416-979-5000, ext. 4630 or 647-278-5019.