Improvements to the aesthetics of our campus is an exciting aspect of the Campus Core Revitalization 2019 project, but equally important are the substantial modernizations and developments planned for renewing infrastructure in the area. Priorities include accessibility, sustainability, safety and telecommunications.
This project provides the opportunity to optimize a number of structural and functional aspects of our campus, including:
- Making permanent the temporary pedestrian-only zone
- Increasing functionality and sustainability of infrastructure items like outdoor seating, waste receptacles and more energy-efficient and flexible light standards
- Modernizing telecommunications pathways to improve campus connectivity
- New duct banks will protect and consolidate communications cabling between buildings, with access points making it easy to replace cables when needed
- Replacing cracked curbs and chipped pavement
- New robust pavers will provide a more durable and stable base suitable for both pedestrians and larger vehicles, boosting our ability to host outdoor programming
- Improving drainage and irrigation for better plant health and sustainability
- Implementing new energy efficient pedestrian lighting for improved community safety and evening use
Contribution from the City of Toronto
Ryerson would like to acknowledge the generous contribution of $7 million in funding towards the overall budget of this project from the City of Toronto and the tremendous support from Toronto City Councillor Wong-Tam.
Stay in the loop
Any major changes that will affect your on-campus travels will be posted using the following communications channels:
For comments or questions about this project, please contact Nic de Salaberry, director, planning and development, by email at email@example.com or by phone at 416-979-5000, ext. 553428 or 647-824-7165.
For technical project details, please contact Jule Mycan, project manager, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 416-979-5000, ext. 7832.
For media inquiries, please contact Brian Tran, communications and media relations, by email at email@example.com or by phone at 416-979-5000, ext. 3339.