Supporting our Community
One of the greatest strengths of Ryerson’s environmental health and safety management system is that it recognizes that every one of our faculties and departments have unique safety needs. As such each faculty and department has a designated EHS manager, who provides a single point of access for all safety needs, and assists in customizing the programs to reflect unique needs.
Two examples of how units advanced their safety programs in 2018
University Business Relations - Food Services
Components of the Food Services Safety Program
- Created a kitchen equipment inventory
- Developed 29Ryerson Eats custom and branded standard operating procedures
- Developed of aFood Servicestraining matrix
- Developed a Food Services e-Learning Module
- Developed a preventative maintenance database and schedule
- Developed a workplace inspection template for Food Services
Food Services launched a comprehensive EHS initiative aimed at reducing kitchen incidents and injuries and building a safety culture mindset in day-to-day operations.
Safety successes with Faculty of Engineering and Architectural Science (FEAS)
Congratulations to FEAS for receiving accreditation for all Ryerson’s engineering programs!