If you’re hosting an event on campus, we can help support your setup.
How to submit an event setup request
Once you have booked and confirmed your event space, please complete the following steps to let us know about your event setup needs. We will assess your request and reach out to you to discuss next steps.
- Prepare any supplementary resources to describe event details (e.g. floor plans, images). Due to high demand, we will require this information ten business days before the event.
- Submit your event setup request to us in one of three ways:
- Complete the Service Request Form and upload any supplementary resources where indicated; or
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your details and attach any supplementary resources; or
- Send a print copy of your request details and any supplementary resources to the attention of the FMD Help Desk via internal mail.
Considerations and planning
- Space-booking at Ryerson University is not a centralized process. Please contact the manager of the space you want to book. A number of events spaces are managed by Facilities Rentals.
- You may be required to complete an event risk assessment, which will guide you through the process of predetermining the necessary control measures for a successful and safe event.
- Temporary use of space on campus is governed by the Temporary Use of Space Procedure.
- If you are external to Ryerson or want to book an outdoor event, please coordinate with the appropriate department and they will submit any event setup requirements to us on your behalf.
- If your event has specific setup requirements that are not discussed here, please contact the FMD Help Desk at email@example.com or 416-979-5091.
Frequently asked questions
Browse this FAQ to inform yourself about details that will help make your event a success.
Weekend and evening events may be subject to an overtime charge. If any costs are associated to support the event, a supervisor or manager will contact you with a quote for approval. Check out our rates for details.
Yes. Most events require a two-hour turnaround time. Booking this additional time at the beginning and end of your event allows our staff to have full access to the space so they can quickly get to work.
If your event is taking place in the Upper and Lower Kerr Hall gyms, please note that setup time is longer. All gym setups require approximately four hours for setup and four hours for teardown. If your event is in the morning, book the space from 3 p.m. the day prior to your event. If your event begins after 12 p.m. the booking can begin at 7 a.m. the same day.
We have seating and tables available to support events on campus, however all setups are subject to furniture availability. If you require any specific furniture, you should rent these items externally.
Materials for whiteboards and chalkboards (i.e. markers, chalk) are not provided by FMD. If you don’t have any in stock, you can pick some up from the Campus Store.