You are now in the main content area

Scheduling Change Requests Procedures for RFA Members

As enrollment growth has increased, the University’s ability to modify schedules has become increasingly limited. Faculty are provided the opportunity to submit requests regarding teaching schedules, and University Scheduling makes considerable efforts to try to meet these requests. The following is an overview of the steps you must take in regards to scheduling requests:

1. Submit Scheduling Requests/Preferences

Around the beginning of the winter term, your respective department staff will provide you with the opportunity to submit your teaching schedule requests/preferences for the upcoming academic year. If necessary, you will select one of the three dependent care teaching availability schedules at this time; 8am-4pm, 9am-5pm, or 10am-6pm. Even if none of these dependent care schedules suit your specific dependent care needs please select one regardless and, if necessary, request accommodation through the step outlined below once you receive your teaching schedule.

2. Submit Scheduling Change Accommodation Request

Faculty members will receive their teaching schedule not less than two months prior to the commencement of the term. Once your schedule is released, those seeking an accommodation under the Ontario Human Rights Code or relevant university policy (that is, changes required for reasons such as disability, dependent care, and religious observation, etc.) have the opportunity to submit schedule change requests. Change requests based on personal preference will not be possible.

If you are seeking accommodation based on an enumerated ground of the Ontario Human Rights Code please send your schedule change request to the representative listed below in the Office of the Dean, for your Faculty.


Kathryn Rowan(


Dan Greenwood (


Yingli Zhang (


Dorothy Opasinis (


Andrei Cojita (


Sharmaine McKenzie, (


Nancy Amaral (

3. Provide Information to Support Accommodation Request

When making a schedule change request, please be prepared to provide relevant information to assist in assessing and verifying your accommodation request. Requests for accommodation due to illness or disability will be referred by the Dean’s office to Workplace Wellbeing Services for appropriate coordination. All other types of accommodation requests will be reviewed by your Dean and/or your Faculty’s Senior HR Partner. In order to make an assessment your Dean and/or Senior HRP may meet with you to gather information.

4. Coordination with University Scheduling

Requests supported by the Dean will be forwarded to University Scheduling for consideration and implementation as necessary.

Please do not contact University Scheduling directly or ask your school/departmental staff to forward change requests to University Scheduling on your behalf.

Thank you for your cooperation and patience with this process.