Apply now to the Fashion Zone Virtual Summer Membership to grow and scale your fashion business!
Does this sound like you?
- I aspire to bring something new and unexpected to the fashion industry
- I am a Canadian company looking to grow my business
- I am a product / service / technology / social impact
- I have a business plan
- I have a sample / prototype of my idea (minimal viable product)
- I may have some sales and traction
If so, there might be opportunities for us to help you and your business! Apply with this form by 11:59pm EST April 25, 2021.
In House Services
With many great tools at your fingertips, our in-house services are here to help you build your business. From access to advisors and a network of entrepreneurs and creatives, to business development and fashion-specific programming, you’ll enjoy a range of benefits in a supportive, friendly and inspiring environment.
With every Fashion Zone membership, you can expect the following:
- Join a vibrant entrepreneurial community with over 160+ Fashion Zone family companies, along with our greater 10 Zone network
- Access to a network with over 40 industry advisors and professionals that can support all aspects of your fashion business
- In-house fashion technician with CAD software for digital pattern making and pattern grading, advice and guidance on the tech pack and production process
- Members-only programming, workshops and partnership opportunities
- Access to funding and grant opportunities
As a member of Ryerson’s Fashion Zone, you’ll gain access to our set of online tools, and we’ve got a lot of them. Whether you need research material, trends and forecasting reports or online support services, these resources offer a wealth of knowledge to help you find the information you need, when you need it.
The following are provided with your Fashion Zone membership:
- Access to the Fashion Zone Start-up Toolkit - our database of useful business tools and presentations of Fashion Zone workshops
- Access to the Ryerson Library resources - including free access to paid e-journals, e-books, databases and indexes, market research reports, trends data, demographic data, geospatial data, and catalogued websites or electronic documents
- Access to trends research and forecasting tools from WGSN (among other vendors), the global leader in fashion and design trends analysis
- Access to the Ryerson Zone Learning job board and eligibility for subsidies to hire interns
- Access to online business support services (i.e., Dealprep - an online knowledge database for legal resources and etc.)
Because we’ve built relationships with so many outside service providers, you’ll enjoy the kind of perks that go beyond the Fashion Zone. From access to professional services to prototyping and manufacturing facilities to discounts at tons of events, your membership will start paying off before you’ve even walked through our doors.
Perks* you can expect with your Fashion Zone membership include:
- Professional services (sales, financial, legal, and marketing services)
- Media and communications production services
- Discounts with shipping and logistics from logistics partners
- Guidance in finding and sourcing prototyping and manufacturing facilities
- Classes and workshops
- Free or discounted tickets to events and conferences
- Reduced rates with partnered event venues
- News and online learning (eg. LinkedIn Learning)
- Inventory and fulfillment services discounts from partners
*These perks are subject to change
Your first three months are free, after that point, should you wish to stay on and grow your business with the Fashion Zone, you would transition to a paid membership. Membership costs start at $125/month. This membership is an investment that provides uninterrupted access to our advisor network, our in-house events, industry perks & our PAD technician services. Current Ryerson graduate and undergraduate students do not have to pay membership fees. We do not take any equity.
If you’re feeling inspired by what we offer, then you’ve passed the first test. To complete your application, please complete the following steps:
- Apply online. Applications close April 25 at 11:59PM.
- First you will be asked to complete a profile.
- After you complete your profile, you can start an application.
- Screening - your application will be reviewed in an initial screening process. Only successfully-screened applicants will be invited for an interview with the Admissions team.
- Interview - come in for a pitch and conversation where our Admissions team gets to know you and your business.
- Offer - You receive a formal invitation to the Fashion Zone program by the end of April 2021.
- Onboarding - Attend an Onboarding session to complete your application, learn about our full program, and meet fellow onboarding members of the Fashion Zone family.
- Your start date in the Fashion Zone would be the week of May 10th.
Any questions about your application or the process can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.