Academic Support Centre
Our peer learning facilitators are trained student staff who can help you with course management, assignment completion, critical reading and writing skills.
Peer support is available throughout the academic year. Feel free to walk in — we are located on the fifth floor of the library, in Room LIB-549 — or book an appointment.
Not sure how we can support your academic success? Drop-in for a consultation with a member of our team to discuss your support needs. We are located on the fifth floor of the library, in Room LIB-549.
Drop in for these one-hour sessions to develop and improve your academic writing, learning and study skills.
Check out our handouts and tip-sheets to further support your learning. Drop in at any time to pick up these resources — we are located in Room LIB-549.
Time Management and Goal Setting
- PDF fileHow to prepare for a new semester [PDF]
- PDF fileUsing an agenda [PDF]
- PDF fileBinder organization tips [PDF]
- PDF fileMake the most of study sessions [PDF]
- PDF filePlanning for success [PDF]
- PDF fileThe three levels of goal setting [PDF]
- PDF fileWeekly goal setting [PDF]
- PDF fileEfficient note-taking tips [PDF]
- PDF fileCornell Method [PDF]
- PDF fileImproving your memory and understanding [PDF]
- PDF fileManaging academic stress and anxiety [PDF]
- PDF fileTips for writing multiple choice exams [PDF]
- PDF fileUsing flash cards [PDF]
- PDF fileUtilizing technology for school [PDF]
- PDF fileHow to survive exams [PDF]
- PDF filePreparing to read [PDF]
- PDF fileHow to take notes from textbooks [PDF]
- PDF fileHow to comprehend and critically analyze a text [PDF]
- PDF fileHow to use the SQ4R Reading Method [PDF]
- PDF fileLearning from readings [PDF]
- PDF filePre-writing strategies [PDF]
- PDF fileHow to create an outline [PDF]
- PDF fileResearching and finding sources [PDF]
- PDF fileOrganizing your essay [PDF]
- PDF fileFormulating thesis statements [PDF]
- PDF fileHow to structure a paragraph [PDF]
- PDF fileWriting literature reviews [PDF]
- PDF fileAn introduction to reflection papers [PDF]
- PDF fileSelf-editing checklist [PDF]
- PDF fileSo you're writing a LEARN reflection...[PDF]
- PDF fileSteps for writing and organizing your MRP [PDF]
- PDF fileHow to breakdown assignments [PDF]
- PDF fileAPA 101 [PDF]
- PDF fileAPA format: General formatting, title page and abstract [PDF]
- PDF fileAPA format: In-text citations [PDF]
- PDF fileAPA format: Reference list [PDF]
- PDF fileAPA format: Common errors [PDF]
- PDF fileDatabase directory by program [PDF]
- PDF fileUsing boolean operators [PDF]
- PDF fileFinding credible sources [PDF]
The Faculty of Community Services Academic Support and Resource Centre is located on the fifth floor of the library, in Room LIB-549.
Library Building, Room LIB-549
350 Victoria St.
Iram Khan, MA, TESL
Chris Cachia, MA, BEd