By taking the OSMS, you will gain a competitive edge and be able to:
- Combine your engineering or science background with business management skills.
- Broaden your knowledge in business and management, which is necessary for pursuing an MBA or related graduate studies program.
- Expand your entrepreneurial skills so that you can start a small business after graduation.
- Explore the leadership side of your field.
- Enter your field with a well-rounded technical and managerial background.
With the exception of students in Industrial Engineering and Architectural Science, all undergraduate students in the Faculty of Engineering and Architectural Science and the Faculty of Science who have clear academic standings are eligible to enrol. A special designation will appear on your degree if you successfully complete, before graduation, all six courses within the OSMS with a minimum CGPA of 1.67. In order to complete the courses without delaying your graduation, you are encouraged to enrol in first year.
You can register for the OSMS in March of each year by filling out the OSMS Registration Form. Space is limited, so you are encouraged to apply early to reserve your spot. Fees will be assessed depending on the number of selected courses for the term.