Tri-Agency financial reporting extensions
In light of disruptions related to the COVID-19 pandemic, Canada’s tri-agency federal research grant and funding agencies have extended deadlines for financial report submissions.
CIHR, NSERC and SSHRC extensions
The deadline has been extended to September 30, 2020 for those submitting financial reporting forms 300 and 301 for the 2019-2020 (April 1, 2019 to March 31, 2020) Annual Reconciliation of Active Awards. This extension applies to the following agencies:
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC)
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC), including the Canada Research Chairs (CRC).
The Canada Foundation for Innovation (CFI) has extended the submission deadline to September 15, 2020 for interim financial report and infrastructure operating fund annual report submissions.
Important: Please note the CFI extension is applicable only to projects with actual end dates no later than March 31, 2021. In all other cases, finalized financial reports are to be submitted within nine months of a project’s actual end date.
For more information, please refer to your grant or funding agency website:
- CIHR: Information for the research community, external link
- NSERC: Program information in relation to COVID‑19, external link
- SSHRC: COVID-19: Impacts on SSHRC's policies and programs, external link
- CFI: Changes due to COVID-19, external link
If you have additional questions, please contact your research financial analyst.