If you’re a vendor providing goods or services to Ryerson, the following billing information may help in your work with the university.
When invoicing Ryerson for goods or services, please ensure the following details are included on the invoice:
- a valid purchase order (PO) number issued by Ryerson
- a "bill to" address reading:
Financial Services Department
350 Victoria Street
Toronto, ON M5B 2K3
- accurate "ship to" information identifying the Ryerson contact person or department placing the order
- description of the good or service
For additional shipping information, visit our Shipping & Receiving page.
Invoices with a valid PO number can be submitted to POinvoices@ryerson.ca. This email address is for invoice submission only. If you have questions about the status of your invoice, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For efficient processing, please ensure your invoices:
- are submitted as separate PDF documents when there are multiple invoices
- include related backup documentation where required
- include a description of the good or service
- are submitted once and in one format only - via email or regular mail
Additionally, invoices must comply with Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) guidelines. Learn more about required information for sales invoices on the CRA’s Input tax credits page, external link.
Checking your invoice status
To inquire about the status of your invoice, please contact the Payment Help Desk at email@example.com or 416-979-5000, ext. 5010.
Payment terms and discounts
Ryerson’s standard payment terms are Net 30 days from the invoice date, unless otherwise stated on the purchase order. When a supplier discount is available for prompt payment of invoices, the university will expedite payment accordingly.
Invoices that do not include a valid purchase order number and applicable taxes are subject to return for correction.