You are now in the main content area
Why Should You Go Abroad?
There are many reasons to participate in a global learning activity. Here are just some of the reasons students have gone abroad to study, live, work and travel:
- To expand your knowledge and understanding of the world from new and diverse perspectives
- To immerse yourself in a new language and improve your fluency
- To challenge yourself and grow your capacity for resilience and adaptability
- To develop relationships across difference and build your global network
- To gain new perspectives and understanding of social and cultural norms around the world
- To obtain international work experience
- To increase your knowledge and awareness of today’s interdependent global challenges
- To learn more about your identity, family history and/or cultural heritage
Traveling abroad can be overwhelming - there is alot to plan, manage and process. But don’t let that stop you from trying - the benefits often outweigh the challenges. Remember you're not alone in the process. Our office is here to help support you through your global learning experience from start to finish.
Still not sure about going abroad? Check out this article on Busting the Top 10 Study Abroad Myths, external link, opens in new window by Stacie Nevadomski Berdan, International Careers Expert and Global Education Advocate. Although focused on the U.S. context, it asks us to question our understandings and assumptions of studying abroad.