Use G Suite on Your Android (Previous Versions)
Learn how to sign in to G Suite and use its native apps on Android.
*Make sure you have already generated your Google Token and have it handy to enter at a later step during the below instructions.
Sync G Suite to Your Device
To use the native G Suite mail, contacts, and calendar apps on your Android, you need to sign in to your Ryerson G Suite account. You only have to do this once:
- Open the Accounts & sync Settings screen on your device. You can do this in Contacts by pressing Menu and pressing Accounts, or directly in the Settings application.
- The "Accounts & sync settings" screen displays your current sync settings and a list of your current accounts.
- Select which services you'd like to sync.
- That's it! You can now use G Suite from your Android. Just launch Gmail, Google Calendar, or whichever app you want to use, from your device's home or applications screen.
Use Google Play to Add Apps to Your Android
If an app isn't already installed on your device, such as Google Docs, external link search for it on Google Play. Most Android apps by Google can be installed for free.
- Open the Google Play app on your Android.
- Search for a G Suite you want to install, such as Google Docs, external link or and select it.
- Follow onscreen instructions to install and download the app. You should then be able to find and launch the app from your applications screen.