Sync G Suite to Your Apple iOS Device
Adding an email account to your Apple iOS device (your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch) has been updated. You no longer need to use MS Exchange to add your Ryerson Google account. For more information on setting up your email on your iOS device, please visit Apple's support page, external link, opens in new window.
- Go to Settings > Passwords & Accounts and tap Add Account. If you're using iOS 10.3.3 or earlier, go to Settings > Mail > Accounts and tap Add Account.
- Tap “Google” from the list of available email providers.
- Enter your Ryerson email address. Tap Next.
- You will be taken to the Ryerson login page where you enter your username and password (example “email@example.com”, your username is “jdoe”) tap Log in. If you encounter an error, please see note below.
- Choose information from your email account, like Contacts or Calendars, that you want to see on your device. (Note: You will only get access to the Ryerson Employee Directory if you select to sync the Contacts during the setup. If you do not do this, new emails you compose will not autofill the to: address from the staff directory).
- Tap Save.
Note: If you have set up 2 factor authentication for all applications at Ryerson, you will need to enter your 2 factor authentication code after step #4 above:
- If you use your phone to generate your 2 factor authentication code, you may have to navigate away from your Gmail set up to go get the code to complete your login.
- If you use a U2F key to authenticate, you might encounter issues U2F isn’t supported on this browser.