Gmail Help Centre
Using a mail client to access Gmail
If you’d like to use a mail client for Ryerson Gmail, visit our page on how to set up Microsoft Outlook, Apple Mail and Mozilla Thunderbird.
Alternatively, you can also have all your Ryerson Gmail messages automatically forward to another email address. Find more on how you can forward Ryerson Gmail.
Gmail’s Spam folder is a mandatory part of all Gmail mailboxes. It cannot be disabled and should be checked periodically for misfiled messages that are not Spam. Messages remain in the Spam folder for 30 days
If you’re finding specific messages are being sorted as Spam when they should not be, here are three things you can do to reduce the likelihood of this happening:
- Mark the message as “not spam”. To do this, select the checkbox beside the message and click the Not Spambutton at the top of your mailbox. Similar messages will have a lower chance of being flagged as Spam in the future.
- Add legitimate senders to your Google Contacts. To do this, open an email and hover over the sender’s email address. A small window will appear, allowing you to click an Add to contacts link.
- Create a filter for messages from a specific email address. To do this:
1. Select the checkbox beside a message from the sender.
2. Click the More icon in the top-right corner of the message and select Filter messages like these.
3. Verify the "From" field contains the appropriate sender address. If so, click the Create filter button.
4. Select the box next to the option to Never send it to Spam and click the Create filter button.