You are now in the main content area
Board Secretariat Contacts
Role of the Board Secretariat
The Board Secretariat is responsible for:
- providing governance advice and expertise to the Board Chair, the administration and the broader university community,
- assisting the Board and its Committees to conduct themselves in accordance with the Ryerson University Act and By-Laws,
- setting the schedule of Board and Committee meetings for each year,
- setting agendas for the Board and its committees in conjunction with the Board and Committee Chairs and the senior administration of the University,
- providing effective and efficient service to Board members including providing materials for all Board and Committee meetings,
- designing and providing orientation and governance education for new Board members,
- administering the search process for new Board members,
- administering elections to the Board for students, alumni, faculty and staff, and
- administering the Chancellor and Presidential search processes.
Role of the Secretary of the Board of Governors
- The Secretary of the Board of Governors is responsible for:
- providing governance advice and expertise to the Board Chair, the administration and the broader university community
- Visit the Biography of Julia Shin Doi to learn more about this role.
To connect with a team member in the General Counsel and Board Secretariat please visit the GCBS Team page.