2017-18 GRAD Contests
The contests are now closed. Thank you and congratulations to the winners!
1. How will you create change in your world?
a) the issue you’re passionate about;
b) your vision for change;
c) what resources you would need; and
d) how you plan to make an impact in your world!
Slide presentations will be judged primarily on content vs. audiovisual production quality. Submissions may be from individuals or teams of up to five graduate students.
Top 3: $1,500 each + mentoring and coaching to help you realize your vision
Honourable mentions: $500 each (up to 3 at judges’ discretion)
All entrants will receive a Changemaker information package with resources and networking tips from the Offices of Community Engagement and Social Innovation
Suggested resources include but are not limited to:
- Keynote (external,support.apple.com/en-ca/keynote)
- PechaKucha (external,pechakucha.org)
- PowerPoint (external,support.office.com/en-US/PowerPointport)
- Powtoon (external,powtoon.com)
- Prezi (external,prezi.com)
- Google Slides (external,docs.google.com/presentation)
- WPS Office (external,wps.com/office-free)
- LibreOffice Impress (external,libreoffice.org/discover/impress)
- Zoho Show (external,zoho.com/docs/show.html)
- Haiku Deck (external,haikudeck.com)
- SlideDog (external,slidedog.com)
- SlideRocket (external,clearslide.com/product/sliderocket)
- Ryerson Startup School (external,ryersonstartupschool.com/past-sessions)
2. ME + 3: How is your graduate education transforming you?
Show us by snapping a selfie and adding 3 words to the image. Submissions must be in JPEG format (4 MB or larger) and feature exactly 3 words integrated in any way you wish in the image. In addition, entrants must submit a brief description (max. 50 words) explaining their photo and choice of words.
Top 3: $400 each
Honourable mentions: $100 each (up to three at judges’ discretion)
By entering these contests, entrants declare that they are the sole creator of their work and acknowledge that Ryerson University owns all rights to the words, images and recordings. Contest entrants grant permission to Ryerson University and its representatives the right to reproduce, use, exhibit, display, broadcast and distribute their words, images and recordings in any media now known or later developed for promoting, publicizing or explaining Ryerson University and its activities and for administrative, educational or research purposes.
Contest entrants agree to release, defend, indemnify and hold harmless Ryerson University, its Board of Governors, officers, employees or agents from and against any claims, damages or liability arising from or related to the use of the words, images, recordings or materials, including but not limited to claims of defamation, invasion of privacy, or rights of publicity or copyright infringement, or any misuse, distortion, blurring, alteration, optical illusion or use in composite form that may occur or be produced in taking, processing, reduction or production of the finished product, its publication or distribution.