Applicants must have completed a four-year undergraduate degree from an accredited university in North America, or an equivalent degree from an accredited institution outside North America. Applicants must have an overall average of 3.0/4.33 (B) or equivalent in the last two years of their undergraduate studies.
Students may apply from any area of specialization, but post-secondary education in the areas of engineering, business, multimedia, science, media production, graphics, fine arts, art history or design will be particularly useful. Previous digital media, programming, and production experiences are recommended but not required.
- Completion of a 4-year honours degree
- Post-secondary education in the areas of engineering, business, multimedia, science, media production, graphics, fine arts, art history or design will be particularly useful. Previous digital media, programming education.
- Minimum grade point average (GPA) or equivalent of 3.00/4.33 (B) in the last two years of study.
- Production experience is recommended.
Applicants must demonstrate that they have the necessary background to pursue intensive work in a production-oriented digital media program. A portfolio of your work will be required.
- The portfolio should demonstrate your proficiency in your area of specialization or knowledge, whether your background is in business, creative or technical industries.
- The portfolio may include but is not limited to: video, film, animation, photography, prototype, design, programming code or business planning.
- The portfolio may be submitted in text, as a digital media product or a combination of both.
- Applicants from a business background should list projects they were involved with and must demonstrate a strong expertise in business.
- Portfolio evaluation will be a critical component of the admissions process.
Letters of Recommendation:
Two academic or three professional reference letters are required.
If you have been working within the industry for more than two years, all letters can be industry-related references. If you are providing industry related references, three letters will be required. It is your responsibility to contact the referee before providing their contact information on the online application form to confirm their availability.
Other program-specific background information such as a resumé/CV and Statement of Interest must be submitted as part of your online application.
Statement of Interest:
The following are a few recommendations for the Statement of Interest:
- Length: 2 pages.
- Area of interest in digital media.
- Business idea, if an applicant has one. It is fine if an applicant is unsure when applying to the program. It is also fine if an applicant is interested in the artistic aspect of digital media and not the entrepreneurial aspect.
- Goals or expectations upon completion of the MDM program.
Interviews may be required. We will contact applicants who require an interview. In cases where distance is prohibitive, the interview may be facilitated by other means such as Skype or teleconference.
Fees for the next intake will be posted on the fees section of the Registrar's Office website once they are available (typically by July). Both international and domestic costs are noted. Courses may have additional anciliary fees and are dependant on project supplies, travel costs, and supplimental learning materials.
As of 2018, the fees reported for the program are as follows:
- Domestic: $18,930.51
- International: $22,379.82
Fees are divided equally over 3 payments, due at the beginning of each semester (September, January, and May).
We are now accepting applications for 2020/21 (cohort 8). Registration is to be completed through the Ontario Universities' Application Centre, external link, opens in new window (OUAC) website. Refer to the Program Applications page for an overview of the process.
First consideration deadline: January 15, 2020.
Appointments and Information Sessions:
Upcoming information sessions are posted in the events section.
We do meet with potential applicants on an individual basis. For those who are unable to attend due to travel or accessibility restrictions, we will schedule telephone calls by appointment. Please email email@example.com to setup an appointment.
No. Our program is only offered full time.
No. MDM only has September entry.
We do not offer examples of any admissions document. It is intentional. Dictating a format or providing examples would cause mediocraty, uniformity, and conformation.
Applicants should rely on their own abilities to research methods that best express their projects and intent.