At Ryerson, all graduate applications are submitted online. Submitting a complete application package is a two-part process.
Submitting your application administered by the Ontario Universities Application Centre (OUAC). When you begin the application process, you will be transferred to the OUAC website where you will be able to complete and submit your application. The OUAC requires you to create an OUAC Account (if you do not already have one). You may have only one OUAC Account.
If you are having any technical difficulties with the application, please contact the OUAC directly at email@example.com or by telephone at (519)823-1063
(For OUAC/AODA information, please visit https://www.ouac.on.ca/accessibility/, external link)
Uploading your documents. The online system is mandatory; The School of Graduate Studies will not accept any hard copy application packages, nor will they be processed.
* With the exception to the Master of Architecture program, both an e-copy and a hard copy portfolio are required. The hard copy must be mailed to the Graduate Architecture program directly. Please refer to the program website for more details.
Submitting Your Application
Gather all the required documents for your specific program(s) of choice. Allocate approximately one hour to complete the online application.
It is recommended that you submit your application at least a couple of weeks before your program's application first consideration date to ensure you have time to upload your supporting documents, and your referee's have time to submit their reference letters.
Complete the external online application, external link.
Please be advised that each application submitted requires a non-refundable application fee of $110 per program or $150 for the MBA program.
- Once your application has been submitted, you cannot change the program(s) you originally selected. Please make sure to apply to the correct program;
- An online account will be created for you in our student information system called RAMSS within 1-2 business days; and
- Make sure to check all junk/spam mail and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book.
Uploading Your Documents
Once you have submitted your online application, you will be emailed within 2-3 business days from the time you submit your application and payment to the OUAC. It will include instructions on how to create your online identity and upload your required documents electronically. Please ensure your documents are clearly labelled before they are uploaded.
If you applied last year, you will be required to submit the new application summary and fee as well as any updated documents.
Please review number 10 in the FAQ's
- The only file format that will be accepted is PDF.
- All materials, including transcripts submitted to Ryerson, become the property of the university and will not be returned.
Once you have gathered all of your required documents and activated your online identity, you can login to the Applicant Upload portal and begin the upload process. Documents cannot be uploaded from 11:00pm to 1:30am EST for daily maintenance.
Once you have successfully uploaded all of your required documents, your application will enter the review process.
Monitor the status of your application through your student centre in RAMSS and through the Applicant Upload portal. Generally, offers of admission begin mid- to late- March and continue throughout the spring and summer.
Please be advised that due to scheduled RAMSS maintenance, Content 7 Production will be unavailable from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm on Saturday, Feb. 15. All uploads and referee processes will be unavailable.