Indigenous Graduate Student Bursary
The Indigenous Graduate Student Awards are a suite of awards and bursaries established by the Yeates School of Graduate Studies to support Indigenous students in pursuing graduate education at Ryerson. These awards recognize excellence and/or alleviate some of the financial burden associated with graduate education.
The expendable funds will provide up to three (3) $5,000 awards annually commencing in the 2020/2021 academic year. Funding for the award will be confirmed annually in March of each year and will be made available to eligible students in the Fall.
August 12, 2020
To be eligible for this award, students must:
- Be registered as a part- or full-time student in a graduate degree program at Ryerson University and have clear academic standing
- Self-identify as Indigenous
- Demonstrate financial need
- Demonstrate financial need, as determined by Ryerson University, through submission of a PDF fileGraduate Student Budget Form
- A written statement (250-500 words) from the applicant that supports and/or clarifies their student budget form