Master's Program Minimum Academic Requirement
- Graduates with a Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, a related Engineering field or Applied Science discipline from a recognized institution
- Minimum grade point average (GPA) or equivalent of 3.00/4.33 (B) for MEng and MASc in the last two years
Doctoral Program Minimum Academic Requirement
- Demonstrated capacity to undertake advanced research through completion of a Master's Degree in Civil Engineering or a related Applied Science Field
- Minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.33/4.33 (B+)
English Language Requirements
- Applicants who did not complete their Bachelor's or Master's degree in English Language will be required to submit a English Language Proficiency Test Score. More information about the acceptable language tests and minimum required scores here
- For exemption from this requirement, applicants are required to provide an official statement from their institution confirming that English is the language of instruction and examination for the duration of study.
Program Specific Documents Required for Admissions
Statement of Interest
Your statement of 500-1000 words should address the following:
- Your reasons for graduate study in Civil Engineering
- The research interest(s) you may wish to pursue in a master's research project, thesis or doctoral dissertation.
- How your previous studies and experience have prepared you for this program.
- Your career objectives and how this degree program relates to them
Please be sure to include all applicable work experience and publications
Letter of Recommendation (2)
All letters of recommendation must come directly from the referee. Student submitted copies will not be accepted.
Transcripts are required from every degree granting institution you have attended.
If you are admitted to the program, you will be required to have your official transcript sent from your institution in a sealed, stamped envelope to Graduate Admissions.
For all programs, please list the Civil Faculty member that you may wish to supervise you on the online application. For PhD and MASc, it is highly recommended to indicate a potential supervisor at the time of application.
To review a listing of all required documents, please refer to the Prepare Your Application page.
Applications for Fall 2019 are now available.
PLEASE NOTE: International Admissions for the MEng and MASc program will close on Friday March 15, 2019.