You are now in the main content area
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. Make sure to be as detailed as possible with your questions or concerns so we can assist you to the best of our ability.
ComCult has an official university page on LinkedIn, external link. In the past, the joint nature of our program has made it difficult for current students and alumni to connect with one another on LinkedIn’s professional network as students could only list one school on their profile. Our page is affiliated with both schools, and will serve as a central hub for connecting with alumni, sharing program updates, and distributing content relevant to ComCult graduates.
Update your information
If you currently have a LinkedIn profile, we ask that you follow these steps to update your information:
- Log on to your LinkedIn profile
- Scroll down to “Education” and click “edit”
- If you currently have “Ryerson University” or “York University” listed as under “School”, type in “Communication and Culture” instead
- The joint program logo should appear in the drop down menu
- Verify that the “Degree” section reflects MA or PhD. You also have the option to add the stream under “Field of Study” i.e. Technology in Practice
- You can locate and access the page here https://www.linkedin.com/school/comcult/ or from either the
- Ryerson or York LinkedIn pages (Communication and Culture is listed as an “Affiliated School” on both official university pages).
Benefits to changing your profile status
- You are now listed as a current student or alumni of both Ryerson and York Universities, and included in the career insight data for both universities
- You can easily connect and network with other students and alumni from the program, regardless of which side they registered with
- The page will serve as a joint online community where updates from both sides of the program will be posted, and you can be kept up to date with program news
- As alumni, you can easily locate and request to join the private alumni group (listed as a featured group on the ComCult profile) where updates will be tailored to alumni engagement (networking events, surveys on how alumni want to be engaged, job postings, etc.)
Ryerson's campus is located in downtown Toronto within several blocks of Yonge and Dundas. York has several campuses, but its main Keele campus, external link is in the north west part of the city (near Downsview). The two campuses are readily accessible by public transit, external link.