Prepare for long-term professional success at Canada's most creative, connected and entrepreneurial university for graduate education.
For further information on deadline dates, English language proficiency and the online application, please visit or contact the Graduate Admissions Office
Applicants for admission to PhD Program
- will have successfully completed an appropriate Master’s degree in one of the relevant engineering or applied science disciplines, and
- must show clear evidence of research potential, and
- have a GPA of at least 3.33/4.33 B+ in the courses credited to the Master’s degree.
Applicants for admission to Master's Program
- will have graduated from a four year accredited undergraduate university program or equivalent,
- For the MASc a minimum of a 3.0/4.33 B standing or equivalent over all courses in the final half of the program, and
- For the MEng a minimum of a 3.0/4.33 B standing or equivalent over all courses in the final half of the program, and
- demonstrated a capacity to succeed in the Program applied for.
Program Specific Documents
Statement of Interest - you are required to submit a brief statement (about 500 words in length) that should include the following:
- your reasons for graduate study in engineering;
- the research interests you may wish to pursue;
- how your previous studies and experience have prepared you for the program; and
- your career objectives and how this degree program relates to them
- graduate studies potential supervisors
- your interest in collaborative graduate programs
- funding from external sources
Please note: your research interests will be examined by faculty to determine whether they are willing to serve as your supervisor.
Resume/CV - Please detail your relevant work experience, technical skills, awards and publications
Letter of Reference - 2 required for PhD and MASc; 1 required for MEng
Area of Specialization
To review a listing of all required documents, please refer to the Prepare your Application