For further information on deadline dates, English language proficiency and the online application, please visit or contact the Graduate Admissions Office
Applicants for admission to PhD Program
- will have successfully completed an appropriate Master’s degree in one of the relevant engineering or applied science disciplines, and
- must show clear evidence of research potential, and
- have a GPA of at least 3.33/4.33 B+ in the courses credited to the Master’s degree.
Applicants for admission to Master's Program
- will have graduated from a four year accredited undergraduate university program or equivalent,
- For the MASc a minimum of a 3.0/4.33 B standing or equivalent over all courses in the final half of the program, and
- For the MEng a minimum of a 3.0/4.33 B standing or equivalent over all courses in the final half of the program, and
- demonstrated a capacity to succeed in the Program applied for.
Program Specific Documents
Statement of Interest - you are required to submit a brief statement (about 500 words in length) that should include the following:
- your reasons for graduate study in engineering;
- the research interests you may wish to pursue;
- how your previous studies and experience have prepared you for the program; and
- your career objectives and how this degree program relates to them
- graduate studies potential supervisors
- your interest in collaborative graduate programs
- funding from external sources
Please note: your research interests will be examined by faculty to determine whether they are willing to serve as your supervisor.
Resume/CV - Please detail your relevant work experience, technical skills, awards and publications
Letter of Reference - 2 required for PhD and MASc; 1 required for MEng
Area of Specialization
To review a listing of all required documents, please refer to the Prepare your Application