Master of Engineering Innovation and Entrepreneurship (MEIE)
- Completion of a four-year undergraduate engineering or science degree from a recognized institution with a minimum grade point average (GPA) or equivalent of 3.00/4.33 (B) in the last two years of study
- Statement of interest
- Two letters of recommendation
- Professional work experience is highly desirable
More information on how to apply.
- Emerging Technology ($14- to $33-trillion market by 2025)
- Energy and Sustainable Innovation ($3-trillion market by 2020)
- Biomedical Engineering ($1-trillion market by 2025)
Advanced Engineering Courses
Select two courses from more than 20 master’s-level courses such as:
- Biomedical Startups
- Energy Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Sustainable Entrepreneurship
Three core MEIE courses:
- Finding and Validating Business Opportunities
- Market Development and Financial Planning
- New Venture Business Strategy Plan
Three practicum courses:
- Customer Discovery and Development (Business Model/ Value Proposition)
- Customer Validation (Problem/Solution Fit)
- Customer Acquisition (Product/Market Fit)
- Four-month Technology Commercialization project
- Four-month Go-to-Market project
- Access seed funding, professional development and mentorship opportunities, as well as Esch Awards.
- Become part of Ryerson’s customer-centric technology incubator, iBoost Zone.
- Gain access to DMZ* resources when you’re ready to grow your company.
* Ranked #1 university-based incubator in the world by UBI Global
Graduate Studies Admissions Office
11th Floor, 1 Dundas Street West
For information specific to programs please see the program contact information below.
Dr. Farhad Ein-Mozaffari
Graduate Program Director
PhD, University of British Columbia
Research areas: mixing, flow visualization (tomography and ultrasonic velocimetry), computational fluid dynamics (CFD), non-newtonian fluid flow, multiphase flow, powder blending, discrete element method (DEM), dynamic modeling and identification
Telephone: 416-979-5000 ext. 4251
Graduate Program Administrator
Telephone: 416-979-5000 ext. 3848