Literatures of Modernity (MA)
Part of the Faculty of Arts
Students are encouraged to submit applications prior to the first consideration date to increase their chances of securing financial support for their graduate studies. Applications received after the first consideration date will be accepted and reviewed based on spaces remaining in the program.
See application dates.
- Literatures and Cultures from the 16th Century to the Present
- Critical Theory and Genre Studies
- Creative Writing, Rhetoric, and Poetics
- Digital Humanities, Technology, and Urban Studies
- Film, Visual Culture, and Popular Culture
- Diasporic Modernities
- Digital Publishing
- Genders, Sexualities, and Humans
- Modernism and Auto/Biography
- Modernity and the Visual: Image and Text
- Rise of Children’s Literature
- Unreal Cities
- Centre for Digital Humanities
- Children’s Literature Archive
- Modern Literature and Culture Research Centre
- White Wall Review Creative Writing Journal and Reading Series
Graduate Studies Admissions Office
11th Floor, 1 Dundas Street West
For information specific to programs, please see the program contact information below.
Dr. Elizabeth Podnieks
Graduate Program Director
PhD, University of Toronto
Research areas: Modernism, Motherhood Studies, Life Writing, Popular/Celebrity Culture, Scholarly Editing, and Digital Humanities.
Telephone: 416-979-5000 ext. 6547
Graduate Program Administrator
Telephone: 416-979-5000 ext. 2098
“Coming from the U.K., I’ve loved studying literature and different media in the heart of Toronto’s dynamic creative and cultural scene. We’re a small, dedicated group of students, and I’ve made great friendships and had incredible support from teachers who have pushed me to grow as a researcher, and to apply successfully for PhD study.”