Part of the Faculty of Arts
- 19th-Century Philosophy
- Ancient Philosophy
- Canadian Philosophy
- Contemporary Continental Philosophy
- Moral Philosophy
- Philosophy of the Environment
- Philosophy of Language
- Philosophy of Law
- Philosophy of Mind
- Philosophy of Religion
- Social and Political Philosophy
- Experience with diverse philosophical approaches: faculty have a record of excellence in teaching and research in both the analytic and continental traditions of philosophy.
- Solid preparation for PhD study in philosophy: students have been accepted to PhD programs at Oxford, the University of Toronto, Western, McGill, King’s College (London), Duquesne, UCLA and other schools.
- Engagement with prominent figures in contemporary philosophy: each semester, the department hosts philosophers from across Canada, Britain and the United States, who lecture and engage with students in small seminars.
- Opportunities to develop teaching skills through a combination of classroom experiences, teaching and research assistantships.
Dr. Jo Kornegay
Graduate Program Director
Telephone: 416-979-5000 ext. 6161
Telephone: 416-979-5000 ext. 2711
“Ryerson’s professors and student community have fostered my growth as both a student and professional. The summer area readings gave me the fulfilling opportunity to work closely with a professor in my area of research and served as the foundation for my major research project.”