You are now in the main content area

Student records and transcripts

How to obtain official transcripts, update your personal information and more

Your official Ryerson transcript is a complete record of enrolment at Ryerson including all undergraduate, graduate and continuing education courses and credits granted toward your program. See instructions in the links below for ordering and viewing official and unofficial transcripts.


To change to your legal name, date of birth, gender, you must submit a Personal Data Change Form, in person, with a photo ID (e.g. OneCard) plus at least one of the following documents (as indicated beside each reason) to support your identity and name. Original or certified true copies of documents must be provided:

  • Correction or an addition to your name and/or date of birth (Birth Certificate, Passport).
  • Name change by marriage (Marriage Certificate)
  • Return to maiden name (Birth Certificate)
  • Official name change (Change of Name Certificate)
  • Note: Name change requests for Alumni will only be processed for official name changes
  • Transitioning/gender identity and expression – without official name change (Student Records Statutory Declaration for Change of Name is required). For more information, please visit Transitioning at Ryerson.

Bring the complete package (form, government issued photo identification and documentation) in person to the ServiceHub, Room POD-150 in the Podium. We will photocopy your original documentation and return the originals to you. There is no fee.

Initials: We will record all initials in your name with a period after the initial, in accordance with standard publishing practices.


To change to your address, phone number, email address, login to RAMSS and go to your Student Center. You can change this information at your Personal Information section.

Graduation Document

To change your Graduation Document name, you must bring the PDF filePersonal Data Change Form and required documentation to the ServiceHub, Room POD-150 in the Podium, by the deadline date for your Convocation that is published in the current calendar. Your name, as it appears on your student record, is the name that will appear on your graduation award document. (see note about Initials, above)

Use Ryerson's online Degree Verification Service (DVS) to confirm you have been conferred a Ryerson degree

Letters can be requested for a variety of purposes including proof of enrolment and verification of the completion of degree requirements prior to convocation. 

The fee for each letter is $20, and $5 for additional copies. Bring the PDF fileThird Party Letter form to the Service Hub - POD-150, 350 Victoria Street, to make your payment, and then submit the form to your Graduate Program. 

See also