Booking an Appointment
All appointments, including with counsellors located in faculty satellite offices, are booked through CSDC reception (416-979-5195, Room JOR 07C) at the earliest available time.
If you feel that your safety or that of others is at risk, please make the urgency of your situation know to our receptionist. Faculty and staff wishing to refer their students during a time of crisis or in emergency situations are encouraged to contact our receptionist for further instructions – 416-979-5195.
The purpose of this appointment is to:
- Ensure you are safe.
- Listen and learn about what is most troubling right now.
- Provide you with one tip or skill to begin to help with your difficulty.
- Introduce you to interactive online tools.
- Provide our recommendations for next steps, including internal or external referrals.
- You will be meeting with a counsellor for 50 minutes.
All new clients will be asked to fill out an Intake Form upon arrival. Paper copies will be available at your first appointment.
Please bring your ONE CARD to every appointment. For students seeing a psychiatrist, your Health Card (either a valid unexpired OHIP card or UHIP card) is required.
If you or your family have third party insurance (often through your or your parent’s employer), and if you are comfortable speaking to your family about your challenges, inquire about the type of coverage and practitioner you are eligible to see. If you have ample coverage, referrals to community therapists can also be provided.