Wellbeing During Exam Season
The end of the term can bring a unique sort of stress as you work towards completing your final assignments and taking exams. It’s important to stay well during this time; there are many resources available to you specifically during exam season.
Access Ryerson nap stations in the zZz Zone between Dec 3 to Dec 11, 2019
First time slots opens at: 11am
Last time slots available at: 2pm
Number of napping stations per hour: 10
Reserving a spot: Create a self-booking using this calendar, external link. When you access the calendar we recommend changing the view option to “Day” so that you are able to see the available times easier. Click on an open appointment slot to sign up. If no slots are available, please try a different time range.
For more information or questions about Nap room please email email@example.com.
zZz Zone room features:
- A quiet, dimly lit, cozy, and safe (supervised) area for students to rest
- 10 Zero Gravity recliners to relax and recharge
The benefits of sufficient sleep are numerous, especially for students, as sleep is essential for increased memory consolidation, learning, decision making, and critical thinking. Receiving an average of 8 hours of quality sleep per night is an important part of overall health and academic success. A large proportion of college students are sleep deprived, regularly getting less rest than they need each night.
When students routinely have problems with sleep, learning & memory suffer, motor skills can be impaired and resistance to illness drops, particularly important in a residential college environment.
While napping is not a replacement for sleep, it can help make up for lost sleep and improve your cognitive function, mood, and memory.
Benefits of Napping
- You will have increased alertness and focus
- You will have higher energy levels throughout the day
- Increased motor performance (such as reaction time) will be increased and reduced mistakes and accidents
- You will experience a decrease in moodiness
Rules of zZz Zone room:
zZz Zone room Guidelines:
- Doors to the room close 10 mins after the hour and reopen 5 mins before the hour.
- Students can only book 1 time slot a day.
- This is a technology-free space. No calls, texts or emails
- This is a quiet space - no talking will be allowed
- Naps are limited to 30 mins
- You will be gently roused at quarter to the hour for guided stretching prior to leaving
- Please wipe down the recliner when you are done. Wipes and replacement linens will be provided to you.
- If you are sick please do not use the nap spaces to rest. Go home to rest or make an appointment at the Medical Centre for treatment.
zZz Zone Security and Safety Protocols:
- The room will be supervised at all times.
- Only appointments made with a Ryerson Email will be accepted.
- You must present your Ryerson OneCard to access the room.
- Please use the provided security locker to store your valuables.
- Security will patrol the area on a regular basis for the duration.
This a Drop-in Wellness Room where students can come to destress in a quiet space with snacks, games, colouring, meditation, and mindfulness activities. This is a chance to wind down and hang out.
Access the Wellness Room between December 3, 2019, and December 11, 2019, 3PM-4:30PM
Need to talk and get things in perspective? SHARP Ambassadors will be available during the exam period for drop in meetings in the Wellness Room. You can come to POD-256-C or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment.