You are now in the main content area

Withdrawals & Cancellations

We understand that circumstances arise that might make you consider withdrawing from residence. We are here to support you and we would recommend you reach out to your Residence Advisor, Academic Link or Residence Life Facilitator for support. 

The Residence Agreement is for a period of 8 months (DCC, ILC, Pitman Hall) Please see section 6.0 in the 8 month housing agreement for details on your responsibility when considering withdrawing from Residence.

Students are financially responsible for their space in residence until another student takes over their space. Housing & Residence Life works diligently to minimize your ongoing financial responsibility, as new students move into residence. However there is a risk that you will continue to be responsible for the weekly rent charge after you have moved out - especially later in the school year if you withdraw. Please note that as per the residence agreement, students are also responsible for a $400.00 residence withdrawal fee. The withdrawal fee will be charged to their RAMSS account after they've moved out of residence and are released from their financial responsibility. At this point, they are released from their agreement and remaining fees.

Please note that the $400.00 residence withdrawal fee is currently being waived due to COVID-19.

Steps to withdraw/move-out from residence

1. Complete the Withdrawal Form indicating your expected move-out date.

You will receive a copy of your response to the form. If you need to revise your move-out date, you can email

2. If you require supporters to help you move out, fill out the Guest Exemption Form at least two days before your move-out day.

3. Lock your room and return your Residence ID card and mailbox key (if applicable) to the building front desk.

4. If you submitted a request for release from the agreement, you will receive a decision shortly after you move out.

You will not receive a decision prior to moving out.

Students can request a release from their financial responsibility on the grounds of academic, medical or compassionate reasons. You must submit your request along with the withdrawal form and have moved out of residence. You must also submit supporting evidence with your request.

Requests will be reviewed by Housing & Residence Life, regularly, and a final decision will be sent via email to you as soon as possible.