How to Submit an Accessibility Accommodation Request
Step 1: Complete a Residence Application by the application deadline, June 1, 2020 to be considered in the 2020-2021 1st Round of Residence Offers. When prompted, select “Yes” to requiring an accessibility accommodation. Be sure to complete the Emergency Evacuation section.
Step 2: Complete the (PDF) Residence Accessibility Accommodation Request Form. It is the applicant’s responsibility to complete Sections A, C (if applicable) and E. The completed form should outline:
- The nature of the applicant’s situation that requires accommodation
- What the applicant requires to ensure their accommodation needs are met
- The measures and strategies currently used at home to address their needs
Step 3: A qualifying professional needs to complete Sections B and D of the (PDF) Residence Accessibility Accommodation Request Form. Ryerson Housing & Residence Life does not require medical records or a diagnosis to be submitted as supporting documentation. Any such documents received will be deleted or shredded. The qualifying professional should be able to outline:
- The nature of the student’s situation
- Any functional limitations that necessitate an accommodation
- Recommendations for accommodations that would be appropriate for the student to have to live independently in residence
Any questions or concerns about the Accessibility Accommodation Request process may be forwarded to the Housing & Residence Life Office by phone at (416)-979-5284 or by email at email@example.com.