Skip to main content

Personal Insurance

Residents are required to obtain tenant insurance to cover their personal belongings and public liability during the term of the residence agreement and any renewals or extensions thereof, at their own expense. It is recommended that coverage for loss or damage to personal property be on an “All risks” basis. Such insurance shall be subject to the terms, conditions, deductibles and exclusions that are usual and customary for this type of insurance. Housing & Residence Life does not purchase protection for personal property.